1. Access to Top-Rated NJ Auto Insurance
NJBIA members and their employees enjoy exclusive eligibility to apply for personal auto insurance coverage with New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Co. (NJM). NJM is top-rated nationally for its auto insurance program and pays dividends annually to its policyholders. In addition, employees also have access to personal homeowners insurance and employers can apply for both commercial vehicle and workers compensations insurance.
- Lower Premiums - In a recent comparison, NJM saved its personal auto insurance policyholders an average of more than 20% compared with other carriers.
- History of Dividends - NJM has a long history of paying dividends to its policyholders as dividends, with more than $5.6 billion in dividends paid since 1918. The most recent personal-auto dividend, declared in late 2014, averaged $115 per policy.
2. Other Money-Saving Benefits
Our members save money and manage costs by taking advantage of members-only programs designed to cut their shipping, energy and credit card processing costs.
- Shipping Program – Save up to 36% with UPS on your small package shipments and at least 75% on your less-than-truckload (150 lbs. or more) freight shipments with UPS Freight, YRC Freight, FedEx Freight & Estes.
- Credit Card Processing – NJBIA members are guaranteed to have their credit card processing fees lowered and provided free equipment through our partnership with Priority Payment System Associates. (PPSA).
- Energy Management – NJBIA members can manage their electricity costs with Constellation, NJBIA's preferred energy supplier, and the largest third-party provider of electricity in New Jersey.
- Online Office Supply Program – As an NJBIA member you can enjoy substantial savings on more than 25,000 in-stock products and 3,700 environmentally preferable products when ordering online.
- RFP Watch – NJBIA members can subscribe to RFP Watch, an online database sharing thousands of procurement opportunities in NJ and surrounding states, for only $25 per year (reg. $295)
3. Valuable Information
As an NJBIA member, you receive timely and practical information to help you meet the challenge of doing business in New Jersey. This information can be found on the members-only pages of our website and in our regular print and electronic communications. Members get:
- Statewide business news before it makes the headlines
- Practical information to help you deal with NJ laws and regulations
- Significant discounts on NJBIA’s renowned New Jersey-specific compensation & benefit guides
- Strategies to avoid costly legal pitfalls
- Business-development opportunities
- Access to grants, low-interest loans and tax incentives
- Discounts on NJBIA’s B2B seminars
- New Jersey Business Magazine
- New Jersey Business Today
- Free webinars
4. Powerful Business Advocate
Our government affairs staff is the largest and most influential of any business organization in the state. Our lobbyists, who work exclusively for NJBIA members, fight anti-business legislation that would raise the cost of doing business as well as push for laws and regulations that will help your business grow. NJBIA is your connection to state government leadership.
5. Networking and Connections
NJBIA gives you many opportunities to network with your industry peers, business leaders and government decision makers. Networking opportunities include:
- Member Networking Breakfasts – Held throughout the state to provide a forum for information exchange and learning. (Free for NJBIA members)
- County ELC Meetings – Meet monthly with other business associates in your county and hear from legislators, cabinet officials, and other decision makers.
- Events & Seminars – Meet face-to-face with industry peers, business leaders and government decision makers at one or more of NJBIA’s 30 annual events, including our “Meet the Decision Makers" breakfasts and our B2B seminars.
- Awards Programs – Connect with winners while celebrating the best NJBIA members have to offer.
- Policy Committees – Network with your industry peers on one or more of NJBIA’s nine policy committees, which meet periodically on specific policy areas, including employment and labor law, healthcare, environmental regulation, and taxation.
- Join the conversations with NJBIA on our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn social media sites.
6. Prompt, Personal Assistance
If you're a member, you can call on us anytime at 609-393-7707. You can use our staff as an extension of your staff to get answers to questions. The NJBIA team has a depth and breadth of experience and expertise unmatched by any other business organization in the state. We can be your all-in-one guide to the “ins-and-outs” of doing business in New Jersey. Why wait?
Apply Online Now