Benefits of Membership
6 Good Reasons to Become an NJBIA Member
1. Access to Top-Rated NJ Auto Insurance
NJBIA members and their employees enjoy exclusive eligibility to apply for personal auto insurance coverage with New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Co. (NJM). NJM is top-rated nationally for its auto insurance program and pays dividends annually to its policyholders.
- Lower Premiums - In a recent comparison, NJM saved its personal auto insurance policyholders an average of more than 20% compared with other carriers.
- History of Dividends - NJM has a long history of paying dividends to its policyholders as dividends, with $5 billion in dividends paid since 1918. The most recent personal-auto dividend, declared in late 2011, averaged $75 per policy.
2. Other Money-Saving Benefits
Our members save money and manage costs by taking advantage of members-only programs designed to cut your shipping, energy and credit card processing costs.
- Shipping Program – Save up to 36% with UPS on your small package shipments and at least 70% on your less-than-truckload (150 lbs. or more) freight shipments with UPS Freight, YRC Freight, FedEx Freight & Estes.
- Credit Card Processing – NJBIA members are guaranteed to have their credit card processing fees lowered through our partnership with Cornerstone Association Merchant Services (CAMS), or they’ll receive a $500 American Express Gift Card!
- Energy Management – NJBIA members can manage their electricity costs with Constellation, NJBIA's preferred energy supplier, and the largest third-party provider of electricity in New Jersey.
3. Valuable Information
As an NJBIA member, you receive timely and practical information to help you meet the challenge of doing business in New Jersey. This information can be found on the members-only pages of this Web site and in our regular print and electronic communications. Members get:
- Statewide business news before it makes the headlines
- Practical information to help you deal with NJ laws and regulations
- Significant discounts on NJBIA’s renowned New Jersey-specific compensation & benefit guides
- Strategies to avoid costly legal pitfalls
- Business-development opportunities
- Access to grants, low-interest loans and tax incentives
- Discounts on NJBIA’s B2B seminars
4. Powerful Business Advocate
Our government affairs staff is the largest and most influential of any business organization in the state. Our lobbyists, who work exclusively for NJBIA members, fight anti-business legislation that would raise your cost of business. They push for laws and regulations that will help your business. NJBIA is your connection to state government leadership.
5. Networking and Connections
NJBIA gives you many opportunities to network with your industry peers, business leaders and government decision makers. Networking opportunities include:
- County ELC Meetings – Meet monthly with other business people in your county and hear from legislators, cabinet officials, and other decision makers.
- Events & Seminars – Meet face-to-face with industry peers, business leaders and government decision makers at one or more of NJBIA’s 30 annual events, including its "Meet the Decision Makers" breakfasts and its B2B seminars.
- Policy Committees – Network with your industry peers on one or more of NJBIA’s nine policy committees, which meet periodically on specific policy areas, including employment and labor law, healthcare, environmental regulation, and taxation.
- Join the conversations with NJBIA on our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn social media sites.
6. Prompt, Personal Assistance
If you're a member, you can call on us anytime at 609-393-7707. You can use our staff as an extension of your staff to get answers to questions. The NJBIA team has a depth and breadth of experience and expertise unmatched by any other business organization in the state. We can be your all-in-one guide to the ins-and-outs of doing business in New Jersey. Why wait?
Apply Online Now