PennEast Pipeline Company recently announced the PennEast Powering STEM Grant Program at a Think About Energy Briefing at Lehigh Career & Technical Institute. The PennEast Powering STEM Program awards grants up to $10,000 each to local programs focused on the study of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Applications are due on or before February 17, 2017, and final selections will be made on March 13, 2017. For additional information and to apply online, interested organizations should visit PennEastPipeline.com/Powering-STEM.
PennEast’s Powering STEM Grant Program is open to New Jersey and Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations that focus on:
- Incorporating energy exploration, distribution, use (as well as affiliated trades and disciplines) and/or environmental education in their curriculum;
- Providing individuals of all ages greater access to STEM education;
- Developing a workforce to meet the needs of the region’s continued position as a global energy leader;
- Promoting hands-on learning, problem solving, critical thinking and teamwork;
- Supporting general awareness about energy and environmental-related issues; and, more.
For additional information on the PennEast Powering STEM Grant Program and eligibility requirements, visit PennEastPipeline.com/Powering-STEM.