Here’s why NJBIA is for a business like yours
The New Jersey Business & Industry Association provides information, services and advocacy to its member companies in order to build a more prosperous New Jersey. NJBIA is the nation’s largest statewide employer association. Its members, as a group, employ more than one million people.
Watch the videos below to learn more.
1 Powerful Business Advocacy
Our government affairs staff is the largest and most influential of any business organization in the state. Our lobbyists, who work exclusively for NJBIA members, fight anti-business legislation that would raise the cost of doing business as well as push for laws and regulations that will help your business grow. NJBIA is your connection to state government leadership. Visit our Advocacy page.
2 Member Action Center
The MAC brings NJBIA’s diverse services directly to our members at no extra cost. This includes our extensive government contacts, legal and business assistance, and member benefits. We’ve also expanded our Legal Hotline where members get 1/2 hour of free legal consultation on issues relating to Business Disputes, Business Operations & Transactions, and Employment Issues. Members can get assistance, if not immediately, then within 24 hours. Visit our Member Action Page.
3 Exclusive NJBIA Money-Saving Programs
Our members save money and manage costs by taking advantage of our members-only benefits.
- Health Benefit Solutions – NJBIA Members now have the opportunity to participate in a quality group Health Beneﬁt Plan. We have partnered with Association Master Trust (AMT), joining a select group of sixteen member associations throughout the Garden State to provide beneﬁt options for a business like yours.
- Primepoint Payroll Processing and Taxes– Primepoint is known for advanced flexible technology and superior customer service with a different approach. An approach that puts significant value on partnering with customers to ensure services and technology are adjusted to fit the customer’s exact needs. Primepoint is also known for being less expensive than its competitors. NJBIA members will receive additional savings as a result of these discounts.
- Shipping Program – Save up to 40% with UPS on your small package shipments and at least 75% on your less-than-truckload (150 lbs. or more) freight shipments with UPS Freight, YRC Freight, FedEx Freight & Estes.
- Payment Technology & Merchant Services Including Access to Capital– NJBIA members are guaranteed to have their credit card processing fees lowered and provided free equipment through our partnership with Priority Payment Systems Local. In addition, NJBIA members can keep working capital on hand with the cash-advance program we’ve teamed up to offer merchants, allowing them to borrow up to $1 million.
- Legal Hotline – Get 30 minutes of free general legal consultation on employment issues each month, a $2,000 value for your business, through our partnership with leading human resource law firm, Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Energy Management – Manage your electricity costs with the wide range of electricity, natural gas and green energy solutions available through Direct Energy Business, NJBIA’s preferred energy supplier.
- Office Depot – NJBIA members save 10 percent off the web price on more than 30,000 office supplies through the Office Depot Partner Program. Helping you save while working better in your office, home, school, or car. Set up your discount account to begin shopping and saving online or in the store today!
- Disability Insurance – NJBIA has partnered with Arch Insurance to save on your state mandated disability insurance with special discounts to NJBIA members.
4 Valuable Information and Resources
As an NJBIA member, you receive timely and practical information to help you meet the challenge of doing business in New Jersey. Found on the members-only pages of our website and in our regular print and electronic communications, members receive:
- Statewide business news before it makes the headlines
- Practical information to help you deal with NJ laws and regulations
- Significant discounts on NJBIA’s renowned New Jersey-specific compensation & benefit guides
- Strategies to avoid costly legal pitfalls
- Business-development opportunities
- Access to grants, low-interest loans and tax incentives
- Discounts on NJBIA’s B2B seminars
- New Jersey Business Magazine
- New Jersey Business Today
- Member-focused webinars and events
5 Connections to Help Your Business Grow
NJBIA gives you many opportunities to connect with your industry peers, business leaders and government decision makers through:
- Member Networking Breakfasts – Held throughout the state to provide a forum for information exchange and learning. (Free for NJBIA members)
- County ELC Meetings – Meet monthly with other business associates in your county and hear from legislators, cabinet officials, and other decision makers. See More.
- NJBIA Online Communities – Communicate on issues with fellow members on a wide range of topics, directly from your computer or smartphone. See More.
- Member Marketplace – Reach members and market your products and services to a captive audience of potential customers. See More.
- Events & Seminars – Meet face-to-face with industry peers, business leaders and government decision makers at one or more of NJBIA’s 100 annual events. See More.
- Awards Programs – Connect with winners while celebrating the best NJBIA members have to offer.
- NJBIA Career Center – Connecting today’s workforce to Employers with career resources and industry specific job opportunities. See More.
- Committees – Meet with your colleagues to discuss top priority issues. Receive updates on topics never covered in the news, and e-mail alerts on critical issues affecting your business. See More.
- Social Media – Join conversations with NJBIA on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.