Here’s why NJBIA is for a business like yours
The New Jersey Business & Industry Association provides information, services and advocacy to its member companies in order to build a more prosperous New Jersey. NJBIA is the nation’s largest statewide employer association. Its members, as a group, employ more than one million people.
1 Powerful Business Advocacy
Our government affairs staff is the largest and most influential of any business organization in the state. Our lobbyists, who work exclusively for NJBIA members, fight anti-business legislation that would raise the cost of doing business as well as push for laws and regulations that will help your business grow. NJBIA is your connection to state government leadership. Visit our Advocacy page.
2 Member Action Center
The MAC brings NJBIA’s diverse services directly to our members at no extra cost. This includes our extensive government contacts, legal and business assistance, and member benefits. Members can get assistance, if not immediately, then within 24 hours. Visit our Member Action Page.
3 Exclusive NJBIA Money-Saving Programs
Our members save money and manage costs by taking advantage of our members-only benefits.
- Shipping Program – Save up to 36% with UPS on your small package shipments and at least 75% on your less-than-truckload (150 lbs. or more) freight shipments with UPS Freight, YRC Freight, FedEx Freight & Estes.
- Payment Technology & Merchant Services Including Access to Capital– NJBIA members are guaranteed to have their credit card processing fees lowered and provided free equipment through our partnership with Priority Payment Systems Local. In addition, NJBIA members can keep working capital on hand with the cash-advance program we’ve teamed up to offer merchants, allowing them to borrow up to $1 million.
- Legal Hotline – Get 30 minutes of free general legal consultation on employment issues each month, a $2,000 value for your business, through our partnership with leading human resource law firm, Jackson Lewis P.C.
- The Municipal Assistance Program (MAP) – Designed to help NJBIA members navigate an often challenging regulatory environment at the local level, including permitting, zoning and traffic-related issues. This benefit is a service of our Member Action Center (MAC), which provides members with business and legal consulting services at no charge.
- Energy Management – Manage your electricity costs with the wide range of electricity, natural gas and green energy solutions available through Direct Energy Business, NJBIA’s preferred energy supplier.
- Office Depot – NJBIA members save 10 percent off the web price on more than 30,000 office supplies through the Office Depot Partner Program. Helping you save while working better in your office, home, school, or car. Set up your discount account to begin shopping and saving online or in the store today!
- Disability Insurance – NJBIA has partnered with Arch Insurance to save on your state mandated disability insurance with special discounts to NJBIA members.
- JobPath Veterans Employment Service – Find new employees through JobPath, the only job posting, training and mentoring site for veterans.
4 Access to Top-Rated NJM Insurance
NJBIA members and their employees enjoy exclusive eligibility to apply for personal auto insurance coverage with New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Co. (NJM). NJM is recognized nationally for its top-rated auto, homeowners, workers compensation and commercial auto insurance programs. Employees of NJBIA member companies also have access to personal auto and homeowners insurance.
- Lower Premiums – In a recent comparison, NJM saved its personal auto insurance policyholders an average of 20% compared with other carriers.
- History of Dividends – NJM has a long history of paying dividends to its policyholders, with approximately $6 billion in dividends paid since 1918. The most recent personal-auto dividend, declared in late 2016, averaged $125 per policy. Start your NJM!
5 Valuable Information and Resources
As an NJBIA member, you receive timely and practical information to help you meet the challenge of doing business in New Jersey. Found on the members-only pages of our website and in our regular print and electronic communications, members receive:
- Statewide business news before it makes the headlines
- Practical information to help you deal with NJ laws and regulations
- Significant discounts on NJBIA’s renowned New Jersey-specific compensation & benefit guides
- Strategies to avoid costly legal pitfalls
- Business-development opportunities
- Access to grants, low-interest loans and tax incentives
- Discounts on NJBIA’s B2B seminars
- New Jersey Business Magazine
- New Jersey Business Today
- Member-focused webinars and events
6 Connections to Help Your Business Grow
NJBIA gives you many opportunities to connect with your industry peers, business leaders and government decision makers through:
- Member Networking Breakfasts – Held throughout the state to provide a forum for information exchange and learning. (Free for NJBIA members)
- County ELC Meetings – Meet monthly with other business associates in your county and hear from legislators, cabinet officials, and other decision makers.
- Events & Seminars – Meet face-to-face with industry peers, business leaders and government decision makers at one or more of NJBIA’s 100 annual events.
- Awards Programs – Connect with winners while celebrating the best NJBIA members have to offer.
- Committees – Meet with your colleagues to discuss top priority issues. Receive updates on topics never covered in the news, and e-mail alerts on critical issues affecting your business.
- Social Media – Join conversations with NJBIA on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.