For the uninitiated, ChamberLink is a partnership between NJBIA and 22 local business organizations for the mutual benefit of our member companies. We coordinate our activities, join together in advocacy, and offer member pricing to our events for our partners.
We’ve all done it: We sign up for a subscription service online or pay to join a club, like a gym, and then rarely use the services we’ve paid for.
It seems a lot of small businesses are doing something similar.
NJBIA has been analyzing its operations to ensure that we’re providing the services and benefits that are important to our members. In the process, we discovered that many members have no idea about all of the cost-saving benefits their NJBIA membership provides.
The list is a long one: a dozen affinity programs, including health benefits solutions through Association Master Trust; numerous information resources, like our Fast Facts briefs on topical subjects like complying with the new minimum wage law; great events and networking opportunities; and top-notch business advocacy.
I believe many of our ChamberLink chambers of commerce have the same experience. Many of them have taken to holding events about the services and benefits available to their member companies. This month alone, the Hunterdon Chamber of Commerce is holding its Chamber 101 program (Oct. 17); the Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce will host a member orientation (Oct. 23); and the Somerset County Business Partnership will offer a “Maximizing Your Benefits” event (Oct. 15).
Chambers of commerce, just like NJBIA, want to see businesses succeed and are looking for ways to help them do just that. So please, take a few minutes to see what your local chamber has to offer. You will find that it’s a lot more than monthly luncheons and ribbon-cuttings.
Here’s a few coming up next week:
- NJBIA will join the Capital Region Minority Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday (Oct. 15) for Networking Before 9. It will be held at the RWJBarnabas Fitness and Wellness Center in Mercerville.
- The Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce is holding a Meet the Candidates Luncheon 16 in Deptford.
- The Edison Chamber will put on a Biz Equity Luncheon on Oct. 16, when the financial services company Primary Financial will cover the 12 performance metrics that determine what your business is worth.
- The Westfield Chamber is organizing two informational events next week: Exporting 101 on Oct. 16 to show businesses where to begin and how to minimize risk and increase profits when selling in international markets; and Home-based Business Insurance on Oct. 17 will go over the different types of insurance coverage people who work out of their homes should have.
- The Newark Regional Business Partnership will host seven speakers on Oct. 17 to handicap the future for businesses as part of its Regional Economic Outlook event in Newark.
- The Hudson Chamber will hold its Breakfast Club monthly networking and referral event Friday morning, Oct. 18 at the W Hotel in Hoboken.