Located in Trenton, NJBIA provides information, services, and advocacy to its member companies to build a more prosperous New Jersey. As the nation’s largest statewide employer association, NJBIA represents more than one million jobs in New Jersey. Currently, NJBIA is accepting applications for internships starting in spring 2019.
NJBIA seeks interns, to join our Government Affairs team, who have strong research and writing skills, a basic understanding of governmental processes, and an interest in New Jersey politics. Selected interns are financially compensated for their hours worked. The association also works with interns to secure academic credit if applicable.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in policy and economic research
- Reading scholarly articles
- Assisting in the development and distribution of educational materials on high-priority legislative issues
- Assisting in the development of coalitions on issues of importance
- Attending state legislative committee meetings
- Monitoring state and federal legislation and regulatory issues
- Drafting correspondence and policy positions
- Maintaining databases
- Assisting at events
- Undergraduate and/or graduate student majoring in Political Science, Government Affairs, Public Policy, Public Relations, or related disciplines
- Strong research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner
- Well-organized and highly reliable
To apply for a spring internship, please submit a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and 3 recommendation letters to Nicole Sandelier at email@example.com by Friday, Dec. 21. Students should indicate their intended start and end dates in their cover letter. In addition, letters of recommendation must be sent in PDF format.
NJBIA does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.