Business interruptions due to weather are never welcome, but there are ways to prepare for events like tomorrow’s winter storm that will keep the fallout to a minimum. NJBIA has produced an Employer’s Guide to Emergency Closings Fast Fact brief covering the laws on paying nonexempt and exempt workers.
Download Employer’s Guide to Emergency Closings here. Fast Facts are free to NJBIA members, but you must be registered to access them.
Here is a list of other useful links as well:
- For traffic conditions on major roadways: http://www.511nj.org/trafficmap.aspx
- Report power outages: Outage Central has contacts for the major utilities: https://www.outagecentral.com/us-state/new-jersey
- Office of Emergency Management winter storm page: http://www.state.nj.us/njoem/plan/winter.html
- National weather service forecast: http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=phi&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off
- Weather blog: http://nj1015.com/category/weather/dan-zarrow-on-weather/