Senate and Assembly Labor Committees
Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 10 a.m.
The following bills will be considered by the Senate and Assembly Labor committees on Thursday, May 10 at the State House Annex.
Senate Labor Committee: Committee Room 6, First Floor
- S-342: Requires additional data in annual temporary disability and family leave insurance reports.
- S-446: Provides preferences for certain businesses applying for workforce development grants.
- S-782: Increases workers’ compensation for loss of hand or foot; requires Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development to study effectiveness of workers’ compensation program.
- S-1838: Permits individuals to submit TDI and family temporary disability leave claims to DOLWD prior to commencement of leave under certain circumstances and requires timely payment of benefits for such claims.
- S-2454: Concerns prevailing wage requirements for certain fabrication.
- *S-2528: Revises law concerning family leave, temporary disability and family temporary disability leave, and domestic or sexual violence safety leave.
*Pending intro & referral
Assembly Labor Committee: Committee Room 15, Fourth Floor
- A-108: Allows issuing of stop-work orders for failure to pay prevailing wage.
- A-1094: Concerns employer inquiries about worker’s wage and salary experience.
- A-1242: Bars provisions in employment contracts that waive rights or remedies; bars agreements that conceal details relating to discrimination claims.
- A-1769: Limits certain provisions in and enforceability of restrictive covenants.
- A-3871: Concerns disqualification from unemployment benefits for misconduct.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.