Senate Environment and Energy Committee
10:00 a.m., 3rd Floor, Committee Room 10, Annex
- SCR-134 – Greenstein (D14); Bateman (R16) – Proposes constitutional amendment to make State trustee of public natural resources and guarantee to the people other environmental rights. NJBIA will be opposing this bill on Oct. 15.
- S-678 – Bateman (R16); Smith (D17) – Prohibits treatment, discharge, disposal, application to roadway, or storage of wastewater, wastewater solids, sludge, drill cuttings or other byproducts from natural gas exploration or production using hydraulic fracturing. NJBIA will be opposing this bill on Oct. 15 with written testimony.
- S-2252 – Smith (D17); Greenstein (D14) – Establishes Statewide public plug-in electric vehicle charging system. NJBIA is still reviewing this bill.
Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee
1:00 p.m., 1st Floor, Committee Room 4, Annex
- S-1967 – Sweeney (D3); Madden (D4) – Concerns certain workers’ compensation supplemental benefits. NJBIA will be opposing this bill on Oct. 15 with testimony.
- S-2528 – Sweeney (D3); Diegnan (D18); Ruiz (D29) – Revises law concerning family leave, temporary disability and family temporary disability leave, and domestic or sexual violence safety leave. NJBIA is still reviewing this bill.
Assembly Financial Institutions and Insurance Committee
10:00 a.m., 4th Floor, Committee Room 16, Annex
- A-4134 – Freiman (D16); Mukherji (D33); Murphy (D7) – “New Jersey Secure Choice Savings Program Act”; establishes retirement savings program for certain workers. NJBIA is still reviewing this bill.
Assembly Oversight, Reform and Federal Relations Committee
2:00 p.m., 4th Floor, Committee Room 12, Annex
- A-3578 – Sweeney (D3) – Expands scope of New Jersey Regulatory Flexibility Act dealing with economic impact of rules on small businesses. NJBIA will be supporting this bill on Oct. 15 with testimony.